Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Battle of The Hair Oils: Kerastase v's L'Oreal Elvive

I thought I'd do a compare and contrast on these two hair oils; L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil mist and Kerastase Elixir Ultime. I'm about half way through the L'Oreal and I've finished the Kerastase so I thought now was as good a time as any.


L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Mist
This is a dry oil mist for fine hair, enriched with lotus flower extract for "luxurious shine, flowing softness and a weightless finish". This is for use through the length and ends of wet or dry hair. I just use it on the ends of my hair when wet. It smells lovely, absorbs fairly quickly and when used in limited amounts, can be very effective. I say that because there can be the temptation to over-spray this which really weighs my fine hair down. Otherwise, I do like this, I just don't prefer it to the Kerastase. I bought the L'Oreal cause it was on offer in Boots for about €8 for 100mls and I couldn't afford it's more expensive counterpart up there. It'll do for now but when I have the moolah again I'll be trying something a bit more like...

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
Containing four precious oils, this is definitely a thicker formula- recommended use is 1-2 drops into your hand and smoothed over the ends of wet or dry hair. This is also fairly versatile, you can use it in a number of ways; as a luxurious pre-wash treatment, pre blow-dry to nourish, protect and add shine, as a finishing product to reduce flyways or as an intensive leave-in conditioner. I definitely miss using this, I found it worked really well for me and never weighed my hair down or left it greasy.
This is obviously much more pricey at around the €34 mark for 125mls. Having said that, it lasted me for about a year and a half so it was well worth it in the end.

Both smell lovely and work well in their own ways but I would recommend the Kerastase over the L'Oreal for sure. I also have my eye on the somewhat newer Kerastase Elixir Ultime for fine/sensitive hair.
Have you used either of these? Are hair oils your thing?
XX


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar